President Vice- President
Secretary/Treasurer Chief Steward
POSSIBLE MERGER of LOCAL Y028 with LOCAL Y029
PLEASE CHECK YOUR INBOX (& SPAM INBOX) FOR YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE ON A POSSIBLE MERGER!!
VOTE CLOSES SEPT. 24
What would it mean to merge Local operations with Local Y029, Town of Watson Lake? We visited Watson Lake last week to discuss the move. Here are the main points you need to know;
- Everything related to representation and bargaining would remain separate. Each Local would still need its own Shop Stewards and Bargaining Teams. No cross-representation from one employer to the other.
- The Executive of the newly merged Local would be required to have members from both employers – the purpose of the merge is to build strength by sharing the work. An elected team that represents both groups equally will help to keep activists from burning out.
- A new, merged Local would have more representation at the YEU Convention.
PLEASE ADD US TO YOUR SAFE SENDERS LIST! Recent member emails went astray and into spam folders, and many members in Watson Lake missed the invitation to our September 13th meeting. Please make sure you’re on our list by emailing our membership services staff today. CONTACT@YEU.CA
Your Collective Agreement
- Government of Yukon
- Public Service Alliance of Canada
- Yukon Employees’ Union
Term of Agreement
- January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2018