Read & Download Individual Handbook Chapters:
- Unions and Stewards – An introduction to our union and how it is organized. Learn more about how Shop Stewards fit into that picture, and about the qualities that make a strong Steward.
- Understanding your Collective Agreement – Your Collective Agreement is the most important document for a Shop Steward. Learn where it comes from and get some tips for reading and understanding it.
- Representing the Union – Shop Stewards work with members when they run into conflicts with the employer, but they also keep members connected with each other and with union staff. That part of your role is explained here.
- Representing at Discipline Meetings – Learn how you can assist your co-workers when disciplinary issues arise or when they are called to a fact-finding meeting.
- Representing at Grievances – Understand your role as a representative when members want to complain about workplace practices or employer decisions.
- Additional Resources – Links to online resources and brief guides to topics of interest
- Glossary of Labour Terms